Safety Expo Kick-Off on March 12
- · Dates: March 12 & 13, 2014
- · Time: 9:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. daily
- · Location: Municipal Building Atrium; workshops at John Dutton Theatre and EPCOR Centre theatres.
- · Event is free as there is no venue cost, and ENMAX sponsors the bus transportation.
- · The City of Calgary’s Animal & Bylaw Services leads the organizing committee. Councillor Diane Colley-Urquhart is the honourary committee chair.
- Safety Expo is designed for Grades 4 -7 students of the public, Catholic, private, charter and home schools.
- This year there are 3,300 students registered to attend.
- All activities at Safety Expo connect to the Alberta Education Health and Wellness curricular outcomes.
EXHIBITS AND WORKSHOPS
- 40 exhibitors are participating this year, and all offer interactive learning opportunities for the students. A list of this year’s exhibitors is available online; they represent City, corporate and community organizations with a role in safety and injury prevention.
- · There are seven optional workshop presentations. This year’s topics are:
- o Poison awareness and prevention
- o Preparation for nature trips
- o Internet safety
- o Bike safety and tire workshop
- o Fire safety and consequences of misuse
- o Emergency preparedness
- o Preventing bullying and harassment
- · Descriptions and presenter information is available online.