Blue and Black Cart Collection Day Changes – Ward 12 – Cranston
- Beginning the week of March 31, blue and black cart collection in the community of Cranston will move from Friday to Thursday service.
- Residents are being notified with a direct-to-home doorhanger the week prior to the change.
- Due to continued growth and changes in the area, The City is redesigning collection routes to increase efficiency of garbage and recycling pickup in the neighbourhood.
- Residents will continue to receive uninterrupted blue and black cart collection. There are no other changes in service.
Below are some blue and black cart tips that may be helpful for homeowners:
- Park it: Place carts on even ground at street/lane level. Make sure you don’t block traffic.
- Point it: Point arrows on the lid toward the centre of the road or lane.
- Space it: If you can walk between and around your carts that’s enough space.
- Store it: Pull your empty carts back on to your property or against your fence by 7 p.m. on your collection day.
For more information on blue and black cart collection, please visit calgary.ca/waste.