Flood Monitoring and Preparation Update – April 22nd
Over the coming months, the City of Calgary will be communicating regularly with citizens, addressing three key questions:
- Is Calgary going to flood this year?
- What is The City doing to prepare?
- What can I do to prepare?
The City has created a special web site – http://www.calgary.ca/floodprep – which features background content and a weekly video. Next month, we will be holding open houses for citizens. Today, we are launching a weekly email update for citizens and employees who have subscribed, which can be viewed at this link: http://www.mailoutinteractive.com/Industry/View.aspx?id=557620&p=2f69
Some key points:
- The City prepares for the possibility of flooding every year. Over the next few weeks, City staff will be testing and preparing equipment. This is the normal procedure.
- City efforts are focused on preparation and response, to ensure public safety and protect critical infrastructure.