Greenline Southeast Transitway time saving initiative
This first initiative is an intersection improvement at Barlow Trail and 114 Avenue S.E. It will see the addition of a second left turn lane from northbound Barlow Trail to westbound 114 Avenue, and the lengthening of the existing eastbound right turn lane on 114 Avenue S.E. to allow for additional vehicle storage.
These changes will improve traffic flow through the intersection and thereby help to reduce bus travel time for the BRT Route 302 in the southeast, as well as for other buses and motorists.
The City’s analysis shows these changes could reduce overall delays at the intersection by up to 16 percent during the morning peak period.
|Cllr. Shane Keating announcing start of construction
on Greenline Southeast Transitway Initiative.
“I’m very excited about seeing construction underway on the first of these initiatives related to the Greenline Southeast Transitway,” said Councillor Shane Keating. “The impact of these efforts should become apparent to anyone riding the BRT Route 302 express bus between Seton and downtown by saving travel time.”
The anticipated completion of this intersection improvement is the end of October.
A number of locations have been identified where improvements could be made to reduce or mitigate current travel time delays for the BRT Route 302 and other buses along that route.
Additional initiatives are being planned for construction in 2015, including:
- widening 52 Street S.E. between 130 Avenue and Stoney Trail from four to six lanes to implement transit-only lanes
- relocating bus routes off Deerfoot Trail to access 114 Avenue S.E. using 40 Street S.E., plus adding a half-kilometre of new roadway
- widening 130 Avenue S.E. between 48 Street and 52 Street from four to six lanes to implement transit-only lanes
- constructing transit queue jumps and reprioritize signals and install signals at various locations.
For more information visit calgary.ca/setransitway
– See more at: http://www.calgarycitynews.com/2014/10/greenline-southeast-transitway-time.html#sthash.d0wvTjSh.dpuf