New Brighton Auto Mall
Developers worked closely with stakeholders and residents to address concerns about the Auto Mall. A set of strategies with be implemented to reduce the impact of noise and lighting.
- recessed lights that point straight down;
- speakers that are lower and facing north away from residents and toward the landfill;
- a substantial green space separates the auto mall and residential housing;
- the installation of a retention wall to mitigate noise;
- landscaping and ponds will be placed between green space and auto mall;
Re-zoning for this location took place in the Summer of 2012 and going forward will have no affect on the New Brighton Athletic Park nor the retention pond at 52nd Street. Due to the fact that this location is in the landfill setback it can never be used for residential purposes (this includes schools, hospitals, or anything that involves food). It was communicated that the impact on traffic will be minimal in comparison to light industrial (which would have been the alternative).