Prior to being your Councillor, I was an accomplished Educator and Administrator for 31 years. During that time I served on many volunteer committees and boards. After completing a B.Ed. at the University of Regina, I earned a Master in Education Administration at the University of Calgary. I am married with six grown children and six grandchildren and have lived in Ward 12 since 1997.
My leadership to date has resulted in may positive changes. My advocacy for the Green Line LRT has helped secure a funding commitment of $1.53B from the Government of Canada and I played an instrumental role securing $1.56B over 30 years from The City of Calgary. I have also been a strong advocate for the development of more recreation opportunities for the folks of southeast Calgary. In 2016 we saw the long awaited opening of the Remington YMCA in Quarry Park, the Great Plains Recreation Centre and the New Brighton Regional Athletic Park. We also saw the official ground breaking for the Seton Recreation Facility.
My office has been ensuring Ward 12’s needs are met while being fiscally responsible to all City spending and budgeting. My proposals and motions have helped cut red tape and administrative overhead making it easier for our City’s Administration to manage its assets and offer transparency.
I love this area of Calgary and I am passionate about its future!
FIRMM Foundation Founder
Recognition of service and commitment from our Canadian Soldiers continues to be a cause that is very dear to me. My nephew, Cpl. Shane Keating was killed in action in Afghanistan in 2006. During my term as Councillor I was instrumental in the creation of the Yellow Ribbon Campaign allowing City of Calgary vehicles to proudly display a yellow ribbon decal in support of those who put their lives on the line to protect and serve. In addition to this, my Veterans Mobility Motion provided free parking to Canadian Veterans and serving members of our military within the city.
- SPC- Community and Protective Services – Vice Chair
- SPC- Transportation and Transit – Chair
- SPC – Planning and Urban Development
- SPC – Utilities and Corporate Services
- Priorities and Finance Committee
- Land and Asset Strategy Committee
- Audit Committee
- Aldermanic Office Coordinating Committee
- Governance Review Committee – Vice Chair
- Calgary Planning Commission
- Calgary Police Commission
- Silvera for Seniors Board
- Task Force Special Audit Access Calgary – Chair
- Inter-Municipal Committee – Foothills
My volunteer experience throughout the years has focused on issues directly related to Ward 12. Here is a list of boards I volunteered on:
- SECRS – Southeast Calgary Recreational Society
- Shepard Enmax Power Community Advisory
- City of Calgary Area Structure Community Advisory
- Shepard Community Association President
- Direct Technology Advisory