UPCOMING EVENT: Coffee With Your Councillor – April 25. More details HERE
Greetings My name is Shane Keating and it is my sincere pleasure to serve the people of Ward 12.
The communities that make up Ward 12 include Quarry Park, Douglas Glen, Douglas Dale, McKenzie Lake, McKenzie Towne, New Brighton, Shepard, Copperfield, Auburn Bay, Mahogany, Seton and Cranston.
Ward 12 is the fastest growing area in the entire city. With that comes great opportunity, but also a number of challenges. I am working hard to make sure that the residents of Ward 12 get the absolute best value for their tax dollars. This means building better communities for the next generation of Calgarians and investing in transportation infrastructure that will help address deficiencies in our capacity to move over 110,000 people that live south of Glenmore Trail and east of the Bow River.
I am committed to:
- Being an ‘agent for change’ in Council by pushing the City to consistently be open and transparent.
- Finding better and creative ‘outside the box’ ways of engaging Calgarians and increasing the level of involvement of citizens in local government decision-making.
- Advocating for important infrastructure invesments that help sustain additional growth in southeast Calgary.
- Work hard to be the absolute best that I can be while demonstrating that Council is being a good steward of your tax dollar investment.
Green Line LRT
During my time on Council I have been one of the most vocal advocates for the Green Line LRT. We must work towards delivering high quality transit options for our most rapidly growing communities. I have played a key role to get funding commitments from the Government of Canada and The CIty of Calgary, but we are still hoping the Government of Alberta will join our funding partnership. I recently launched a video campaign that tells the complete story about why the Green Line is such a critical investment.
Yes to the Green Line Means Yes to Reduced Congestion and Sustainable Growth
Yes to the Green Line Means Keeping Pace With Job Creation
I currently serve on the following committees and commissions –
- Standing Policy Committee on Transportation and Transit (Chair)
- Priorities and Finance Committee
- Standing Policy Committee on Planning and Urban Development
- Standing Policy Committee on Utilities and Corporate Services
- Calgary Planning Commission
- Inter-Municipal Committee – Foothills
The Ward 12 Office is Here to Help!
If you have questions, comments or concerns please do not hesitate to contact my office.